Thursday, June 2, 2005

the best laid plans.....

Okay - so I'm seriously considering signing up for the 'Personal Fitness' training they offer at the Y- just so that I can have someone keeping an eye on me, and making sure that I'm completing the moves correctly. Though honestly, on those kind of machines, it's not that hard. I might just read KristaSmash! and be done with it. What I really want is a good, consise, listing of exercises to perform. Let's see - what do I want to/need to work on?



  • Arms - from the elbows down they are the sweetest little DAINTY things (I have a very fine/thin bone structure - but considering all the juciyjuice laid on top of it, the only place you can tell are my wrists and my ankles. Let's just say that the main reason I stopped wearing watches is because I was too grown up for kids watches, and they are the only ones that fit my wrists really right) - but from the shoulder to the elbow - oh my. So yes - upper arm work.

  • Thighs - they are thunderous, but they need to be STRONGER. I figure swimming will help with that alot, but the occasional weight work would help with that too.

  • Booty - The pudunkadunk could be a little tighter. Thankfully, my momma gave me an onion ass, but - hell, is anyone's ass perfect?

  • Back/Abs - the abs - I KNOW that as soon as I strengthen my abs, my wasit gets signifgantly smaller. I mean - I can suck IN my belly enough to make my waist a size 12/14 - but of course, that don't last long if I want to breathe - such an inconveinent thing that is! :)


Hmm... I think that's about it - but really, that's about a full body workout - and most of it, I'll get with the swimming. Hmm....I wonder if it would be overkill to do both? Maybe I'll alternate days - M/W/F swimming, and T/Th weights. See - these are the kinda questions I wanna ask some fitness persontype.


Anything else? I got distracted, but I think that's about it. For the first two weeks, I'm only going to do the swimming, as classes are Mon-Thur, and I figure I'll go on Friday just to practice. Ah! I need to get some goggles, and figure out what the hell I'm going to do with my hair. It WON'T fit under a swimcap (besides the pure dorkiness of them - at least on ME), so - hmmm...at least the water here is soft, so I should be able to rinse it well, and slap some conditioner on it every other day or so.


If I come in crying on Tuesday, it means the water turned my hair green, or orange......I can't think of anything worse. *shudder* But - chlorine IS a bleach, so it will be interesting seeing what happens with the hair....


and of course, I REALLY need to start eating better. I think that I eat so much crap at work (sugary horrid goodness) that by the time I get home, I'm realllly so not hungry - but since I'm AWAKE until midnight or later, I get hungry around 10. *sigh* I suppose the whole breakfast thing might be a good idea, eh?


Edited:
Ah yes! I knew there was something else I wanted to natter on about - I think that I'm going to try to see how far it is from my house to the Y (in other words, try to pay attention as a pedestrian, not as a driver) and see if it would be possible for me to walk it. At SOME point (holy horrors!) I would like to learn how to rollerblade - I've had some BAD experiences on roller skates (I need to write about my physical skills/limitations - maybe that'll be next as I'm waiting for someone to get back to me with something) but I've always wanted to learn.


So. Yeah. walking. I think it might be like 5 miles - which is a LOT for my outofshape, flatfooted, heavy tail to be walking - esp. if I expect to have the energy to swim afterwards - but maybe as I get more in shape, I'll start walking.

No comments: