Monday, June 6, 2005

I did it -

ahead of time, even. I've got an appointement, June 23rd (pretty quickly too) at 1:30pm. Yayy me!


Okay - done with the stuffage of face, and now, as usual on Monday's, I really don't blanketyblanking feel like working. Actually, I take that back - I NEVER feel like working. I'm enjoyin the job, I'm enjoying the extra money, but good lord is it dull. About to have a team meeting, and as I do the same stuff every week - it's hard to list my accomplishments.


On our bookclub newsgroup, someone asked - just for fun, what would be the first thing you would do if you won 100 million dollars (obviously inspired by the Powerball Shindiggy). My instictive answer was to pay off all of me & C's bills, and then take a period of rest to figure out what we were going to do next. *thinks* Let's see, I would pay off the bills, pay for my mom's house, prepay for my grandmothers funeral (she's one of those women who is VERY worried about what's going to happen to her corpse), and maybe help my uncle out (he's - a mess, to say the least - the main reason my gramma had to claim bankruptcy). I've no clue what C would want to help his family out with - definitely set up a college fund for his little brother, and heaven knows, I don't think money would do his other little brother any good.
I'd CERTAINLY quit, but I don't think that C would - his career is his passion (the lucky/wise bastid) and his current job (while not paying as much as he might want) is certainly teaching him more about his passion - it's kinda like going to school and having someone pay YOU for it. He would obviously get the car of his dreams, and while I would keep my car (I love my car - and have no interest in breaking in a new one) it would get utterly tricked out/tuned up/undented/painted/damn near rebuilt.
We'd start looking for a house - if we won tomorrow, I know that we wouldn't want to move out of Memphis right away (if ever), and with that kind of money, we could buy a house outright. I'd jump, both feet first, into being a doula - or might even just skip that, and try to apprentice with one of the midwives. The IUD would most certainly come out (hell, that might happen first)....and I honestly think that's about it. Our house would be beautifully decorated - ah! I'd have to pay off my three best friends college/debt/bills - that would be my one and only gift to them.


Such a gift that is though - being young, moderately successful, and with no debt. A completly clean slate - where would you go from there? Even if I didn't give them enough to be able to take a break from life (rent and so forth) at least it would be enough to not have to be - handcuffed to your past financial choices.


Speaking of which, C talked to the landlord about the whole 'free high speed connection thing' and he said he would cut us a check for 12 months at the rate we have now. Sweeetttt.....half of that is going to go towards C's car (any 'extra' money we get - half goes to his car now) and the other half will go to the cable. It's not like I MIND paying for it - it's just that he told us it would be free, so we shouldn't HAVE to pay, ya know?


I'm considering cutting my hair - it's getting very 'choppy' in back as the old bits shed, which is a natural side effect of having loc, esp. ones as thin as mine. So, I'm thinking about trimming it to about shoulder length (maybe a wee bit longer in the back) to even it out, and give it a chance to all grow out evenly.  It still won't be ALL the same length, as I'm not going to go THAT short, but at least it won't be quite as noticable. It just has to stay long enough to allow for a ponytail.


Hmm....no meeting today. Dammit. That's always an easy way to waste an hour. And C is in training today, so it's not even like he'll be able to come and pick me up early. *grumpalicious*

No comments: