Thursday, June 9, 2005

getting wet a little early

So....when I got back to work from lunch - it was SOOO pretty. Sunny skies, fluffly clouds - just a lovely summer day. Knowing how hot my car gets, I figured I'd leave the windows cracked, and leave the sun roof just a LITTLE open.


About five minutes ago, this HUGE rumble of thunder practically shakes the building - oh shit! my windows are open.


Picture this scene - a pair of high heeled wooden wedges, clearly kicked off, laying on their sides, next to the back door. A plump woman, wearing a knee length balck dress - running across the parking lot bare foot in the POURING rain, one hand over her boobs so they won't knock her senseless, the other hand gripping a pair of car keys for dear life - and a huge ass grin on her face.


See - this kinda rain is the PERFECT rain. The water's warm - it's been hot all day, so the ground is still warm - the sun is shining out from behind the heavy clouds JUST a little bit, and everything is all greenishgrayish glowy. It's absolutely perfect stomping in puddles, chasing worms, opening your mouth and tilting your face to the sky, laughing till you nearly choke on the rain weather.


And dammit, I've still got 1 hour, four minutes left before I can go home. By that time, the sun will be back out, the puddles will have dried up, and the only signs left of the sudden blessing of a summer storm will be the accidents that people got into.


Maybe, just MAYBE, if  I'm lucky - I'll get to see a rainbow. Humph. I really wanna see the pot of gold at the end.....

No comments: