Friday, June 3, 2005

Oh sweet merciful HEAVENS.....

thank god it's friday. I swear - this.....has been one HELL of a week. The week after a long weekend is the worst - your body's gotten all comfy & ish with no schedule but your own - and then to be forced back into this madness - gah! but it's friday.


I'd like to report for the record that I am tired as hell, I overslept this morning (supposed to wake up at 7:30, rolled my antijolly ass out of bed at 8:45 - oops!), I wanna go HOME and lay in the sun but out beloved trees are too damn big, and if this STUPID system doesn't start working I might seriously hafta hurt something.


Ahh... I feel better having gotten that out. It's the tiredness, really - I'm here, but I'm no where NEAR as alert and aware as I should be - brainfog du jour. I skipped breakfast, had popcorn and a couple animal crackers for lunch, and am seriously considering something amazingly unhealthy for dinner - if my darling husband loaded the dishwasher I might cook some Pasta ala Leftover tonight - I wanted to last night, but we were out of onions, and I'm sorry - pasta just ain't pasta without the FRESH onions.
*LOL* Speaking of which - we've made an organic pesticide/stay the hell offa my herbs concontion (I love the internet) basically, it's garlic, onion, cayenne pepper, steeped in hot water, then strained, and a smidge of dishwashing soap (the kind you use in the sink, not the kind that goes in the machine). So far, it seems to be working well - keeping the slugs offa our stuff, at least. The amusing part is that after I sprayed the plants last night, our patio smelled like hot cooked dinner - as those three ingredients go in almost EVERY meal we eat. Amusing, much.


I've made it through today with my subliminal weight loss CD. Now, I THINK it was [Jane Says] who first used this, and I had to scurry on over to eBayyyyyyy and see if I could snag one. I've had it for ages, but never really listened to it (inconvienent, ya know?) but last night I uploaded it to my iPod. It's very peaceful - all I hear is the sound of waves on the beach, and the occasional seagull. I was worried that it would make me sleepy, but it's actually JUST the right kind of background noise - enough that if it's low enough, I can still hear it and the conversations of people around me without any problems. I know there's some sort of message hidden in the waves, but I'm not sure what it is - hopefully it's not 'Kill da Waaabbbiit!! Kill da WAAABBBIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTT' but - hey, we'll see if it works. I listen to this at work, and listen to 'real' music during the drive to work and back home so that I don't feel the need to encourage the slow ass people in front of me into going a little faster with the use of my front bumper. Gah. the sign says 45, why does my speedometer say 35? Hmmm? hmmmmmmmm?????


I plan on doing NOTHING this weekend except for my scary, scary toes and fingernails. Ooooh... I've been wearing the big clunky shoes the last few days cuz my toes are NOT a sight for anyones eyes. The hands aren't too bad (if I can stop mangling them) but they nails need to be shaped and maybe even colored. C is getting the car tommorow, and by all that's holy if he wakes me up for anything otherthan a goodbye kiss, it's gonna be ON. 


Something kinda gross/scary - I've got a LOT of dandruff (I think) all of a sudden. I'm not sure if it's dandruff, or my poor scalp bitching at me about the wide variety of caustic chemicals I put on it two weeks ago. I know my scalp is sensitive - I would get HUGE scabs in my hair after almost every perm....my hair is so odd! I've got a very tender scalp, very fine hair, that happens to be amazingly nappy and stubbornly resistant to almost ANYTHING I do to it.  I think I might give my scalp a little Carol's Daughter lurve this weekend too.


Well - as soon as this FINAL stupid process finishes running, I'm clicking 'send' on my already written status update email, I'm turning this sucker off, and I'm goin HOME.


Have a fabulous weekend, beautiful people!

No comments: