Monday, May 23, 2005

Argh! (edited to YAAAAAAAAAyyyyyyyyy!!!!)

Okay. Look at this picture:



Let's say - you were a delivery person.  Let's say that you came down R St (the one that has the address) and notice that the corner house has 567, for example. You want to deliver to 569.  You park on the corner, and walk over to what I've noted as the back door. You attempt to open the back door, and are stopped by a huge ass padlock.  Just for the benefit of the doubt - there's no car in the driveway.  The street that the driveway opens onto is Y st, by the way. The house has been there for close to 20 years. Same address. Same setup.
Do you:
a) Shrug your shoulders and climb back in the truck - obviously they aren't home.
b) Toss the package over the gate - they'll be sure to get it that way.
c) Leave a delivery notice on the gate - obviously, it's the only way in the house.
d) Walk the five steps over to the driveway, notice the mailbox, the numbers on the gate, open the gate and ring the front doorbell.


Guess what - ANY of those answers would be right (as LONG as you don't pick D!!!). ARRRRRRRRGggggggggghhhhh!!


I mean, is it me, or is that NOT the most obvious thing in the world. HELLO! BIG ASS PADLOCK. Do you REALLLY think that's the front door? NO MAILBOX! It's NOT the front DOOR!! ARgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.


If you ahven't guessed yet, the UPS guy came by the house WITH my swimsuits  *weeps* and my iPod *breaks down and sobs* He chose option c.  *sigh* Yes, I'm a brat, and yes, I'm going to go and pick them up tonight.


I've also made signs.



Hopefully, that will make life easier for everyone.  Dangit.

P.S. - though, to be fair, the FedEx guy ALWAYS gets it right. It's UPS and USPS (which really makes no sense as they DELIVER our freaking mail!!!) who get it wrong. Bastids.


Also - I've figured out what color my hair is. I kept wanting to think "Is it too orange? I think it's orange. Nah, it's not orange! but - it's not red, it's not blond, it's not brown". Finally, after looking at it in the sun, I've figure it out. My hair is copper. Almost like a freshminted penny, but darker. I'll admit - the roots are a wee bit orangy *sigh* but on the whole, it's copper. I like it. More and more, I like it. Give my hair a week or two for the roots to grow out a little more, and I'll most likely lurve it.



Edited: YYYYYAaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! I love the internet. I immeadiately went online after finding out about the 'oops, I don't know where your door is delivery' and switched it to will call today. While I was on the phone, I asked the guy if there was some sort of NOTE on that address that said 'Deliver to Patio Door'. He said no, but also said that he would call the driver and try to see if he could get him to redeliver.  I JUST got off the phone with the driver (who I had to DIRECT to the blankety blanking blank blank front gate) and *sigh* *sniff* *smile* I've GOT it!! My iPod, my precious....... *rubs hands together evilly* and yeah, I got swimsuits too.... but MY iPod is here. And, the external drive got delivered today too. Sweet.

No comments: