Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Wow! Wow!

Wow. Okay - so much stuff going on/happened last night.


Firstly of course, I got the iPod. It's TINY. Oh my god! I mean - I knew it was little, but that's just CRAZY - I've made it up to the M's in my cd collection  - seventy something albums, 2 days worth of music. I had a LOT of CD's. I got the swimsuits - and they are really nice!! They are COMFY, and actually look purty cute. I've changed my mind about joining the Y right awaythough - I'll join after the first, because cholrine is getting no where NEAR my freshly dyed hair. And yeah, I like it more today. It's IMPOSSIBLE to get a good picture of it though - looking at the pictures, you can hardly tell a difference - but looking at my head - it's BRIGHT. Bright in a good way - I feel like I should be a SuperHeroine *flame on!* of some sort.
I got the external drive too, but as I haven't installed the software (note the fact that I am up to 'M') I haven't installed it yet. I figure it's test will be me transferring all of me music over.


In even almost more rocking news - the midwife K, called me around 6pm last night, and said that she was on her way to a birth, and if the parents gave their okay, she would call me over so I could observe. I was hopeful, but I seriously doubted that this SEVEN time mom would want a total stranger all up in her good bits, and much to my unsuprise - I slept peacefully through the might. Dammit!! Anyhow - that forced me to get OFF my tail, and run the doula concept past my (pregnant) boss, and she's TOTALLY cool with it. Eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!  so - that sooo bloody exciting - I'm going to call Kim this evening, ask her how the birth went, and let her know that I've been 'cleared' so to speak for duty.  Hmm....
Though, *sigh* she still rubs me the wrong way. I'm not used to people dealing with me as if I'm the same as the X number of other people they've dealt with before - esp., when clearly those x number of people didn't take time to learn their shit. For example, she gave me a mini-lecture on how 'The life of a doula/midwife requires you to be ready to jump out of bed to go to a birth at any time' - well, no shit, sherlock. Really, you don't have to spend five mintues impressing this on me - I got it. Seriously. *rolls eyes* *deep breath* Annnyyhoow, she didn't call me back anyway - I figure the birth might have been halfway done by the time SHE got there.  Anyhow, I'm sending her a thank you card this evening - just for taking time out of her busy schedule and talking to me, ya know?


Anyhow... what else? I need to get out of here at a decent time so that I can go back the postoffice and get a money order upgraded so that I can submit my dues to TMA......and then I have some little shindig for one of my coworkers this evening at 6:30pm - I'll have to try to wiggle out of that early......

No comments: