Friday, May 13, 2005

Picture Requests - Part One

Wow - you guys asked for a LOT of pictures..... I think I'll be able to get everything, except the picture of my favorite meal by C - he's working now, and it's going to be hard to get him to cook ANYTHING at home for a while..... but - with no further ado!!!


show your favorite place in you home and why....[Half Baked]


This is the view(s) from my chair on the patio - a lovely sky & tree view - and a fence high enough so I can stroll out side in me draws. This question was almost a tie - but I figured I liked the patio more than the bed. :)

The back yard patio


your desk and workspace at your office; maybe even a pic of the bldg? [Sweet Magnolias]


My lovely desk - the computer has my notes screen (yes, I'm a closet note 'ho), the big purple cup is my 32oz of water...the colorful stuff on the wall are the various calendars/landscapes and other dately crap I have to keep up with. The white stuff is legal paper I put on the cube wall as a whiteboard substitue - I NEED my whiteboard!



The continuation of my desk - more of my 'whiteboard' and the two pictures on the side are a print of my favorite wedding picture, and the girls from my old job. *sniff* I miss my girls. And really, I didn't straighten up my desk at all!


This is the outside of the building - the way I come in, which is the backside, as our section of the building is ALLLLL the way in the back. We also have a VERY convienent FedEx box....and no, I'm never lucky enough to get one of the GOOD parking spots. There's just something WRONG about getting to work before 7:00am.


your book collection! [Stealth Bombshell]


Okay - these are pictures of the main library upstairs. Those - colorful things on top of the one bookcase are BlueEyes White Dragon, and Exodio the Forbidden One - two Yu-Gi-Oh figurines of C's. The little bookcase in the middle is the one we got from Pottery Barn.
If you can tell, all of the books on top of the bookcase without the Egyptian Gods *rolls eyes* are stacked four across and three deep - and the shelved themselves are stacked two deep on both bookcases. In fact - the WHOLE bookcase on the left is all my paperback sci-fi/fantasy books. The bookcase in the middle holds the hardback ones.


This is the second set of books - and those are the bookcases we got from PierOne. Those are most of the non-fiction books, and the top three shelves of the bookcase on the right are all of my doula/midwifery books, along with a few of the itty bitty books I've collected. THe door in the middle leads to our bathroom(s). The one on the side closest to the library is mine.
And yes, that is a Scarface movie poster above the bookcase. *shakes head*



And this is the library books collection - I have to keep these separate, otherwise I'd be banned from the library in short time. I actually need to go around the house and round the rest of them up, as all of those sheleves should be full. In the corner in front of the TV, you can see a bit of the other cabinet we got from PotteryBarn for the videos, and that black thing is the front of the fireplace. *grin* If you look closely, you can see The Jetsons on TV. I heart Boomerang.


Your vehicle - from the driver's perspective. [Principassa Pollyana]


I'm short, so all I really can see is the steering wheel! *LOL* And I would have taken a picture of the whole car, but it's so dirty, I'd be ashamed to show it. The fence in front is atthe front of the house, and theres actually enough room to fit the car in there, but opening and closing that gate every morning would REALLY be a headache. There is a SUPER cheap gas station near work (the latest is 1.94!!) which is why the gas tank is so wonderfully full.


This is the middle panel - that's my frog prince that C won out of one of those machines for me when we first started dating. He's holding a little heart that says 'Kiss Me' *giggles* The ring around his ankle is one of C's ring I jacked a long time ago. He's lost enough weight that it doesn't fit him anymore, so the Prince get's to keep it. And of course, a bottle of water. Oh! You can see Miss Elizabeth, our neighbors house out the front window too.


Your makeup. I'm always curious to see what beauty products people use! [Cinderella] & [Bellisa]


*LOL* I wear makeup when I'm going out (and I mean seriously OUT on the town - I didn't even wear makeup for our anniversary dinner) and when I wear it, it's usually just eyeliner, eyeshadow, and lipstick. All that said - here's the makeup collection. If you couldn't tell - I LOVE M.A.C. Love it! The only reason I have brushes is because the nice lady at the M.A.C. counter talked me into buying them - and I HAVE to admit, it really does make a difference in the application. But let's see - concelaer, eyeshadow, pressed powder, foundation, eyeliner, lipliner, lipstick, more eyeshadow , and mascara (which I've used like twice - I'm sure it's old enough that I need to throw it out by now). I have more brushes - like five or six, but I didn't feel like dumping them all in the sink. :)


The only thing that I use on my face daily is a castor oil/olive oil/vitamin E oil mix. I got the idea from [Babyslime] who first turned me on to the Oil Cleansing Method. It sounded TOTALLY off the wall to me at first, but I think I've used soap on my face MAYBE once or twice since January - and I haven't put lotion of anykind on my face at all. I need to stir up a new batch this weekend too - I've got about enough left for just this weekend. My skin looks better than it EVER has - smooth, rarely get pimples, and when I do, I 'clean' my face, and they usually pop right out and are totally gone by the next day. I also had REALLLLLY had flakes on my skin from where it just dried out - those are totally gone too - and nope, my face isn't oily at all. It's weird, but it WORKS - and it's cheap as HELL.
The Taco Bell cup is my bedtime water cup. Damn, I drink a lot of water.


Actually, I do want to see your cats. [Thunder Road]

Okay - it was HARD getting good pictures of these two, they liked closing their eyes just as the camera snapped.
This is Giovanni, more affectionately know as FatBastard. If you can't tell how big he is, he weighs 19 pounds. He looks even bigger, as he's a long THICK haired cat. I joke that I could shave him and make a sweater....maybe two. He's outside on the patio - another reason why I love it - I can let them be outside with no worries.


This is Nikki - or StupidCat (or Shortbus Kitty). I wrote an entry about HIS adventure the first day in our house a while ago. He hates other cats with a passion, and there's this cute little girlcat (she's too little to be a boy) that hangs around outside the window and drives him batty. Considering how much of a fraidycat he REALLY is, it's actually kinda funny. He acts like he's half dog though - as SOON as he gets outside, he flops down and rolls around to collect as many bits of leaves, dirt and other crap in his fur as possible. He's my cuddly dingbat though. And as you can tell - he's MUCH slimmer than G - a mere 13 pounds.


I have TWO requests- your FAVORITE pair of shoes.......[~Bella~] (Bella's other request was the makeup - check out the previous entry)


*grins* I need to go shoe shopping BADLY, so while these are my favorite shoes, they actually aren't the shoes I wear the most often. One pair is too casual, and the other pair is WAYYY too dressy - I call them my Hot-Momma Shoes. *raawwwrrr*
These are my hot momma shoes - on the edge of the ledge upstairs. That black thing they are so artfully propped up on is my Abercizer - which has been peacefully collecting dust for a while now. I can't remember where I got these from - there NineWest, but I think I got them from ValueCity.


And these are the casual shoes - sooooo damn comfy. And they're black! and PINK! eeeeeeee!!!! *goes all gooshy eyed* And I actually have a running suit (HAH!) outfit that matches these perfectly. I brought these for a 'traveling' trip before one of my trips to Geneva - gotta look cute while I'm on the plane, ya know. And I learned my lesson about wearing heels on an international flight the time I had to run from one end of the terminal to the other at Charles De Gaulle - the worst airport in the world. Ugh. That cord next to them is leading from the closet upstairs, over the ledge, and hooked up to the cable modem. I need to call my landlord and find out when the HELL he's going to install our wireless. Sheesh.


[~Steel Magnolia~] had all of the following requests......


A picture of the infamous and no longer leaking waterbed.


Oh. My. God. I don't think I've gushed (so to speak) properly about the new watebed - but it's HEAVENLY. I mean, I knew waterbeds were hot, but this one is the shit. Seriously. It's got some sort of pillowtop thingy that fills with water, and it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO damn comfy. Ingore the hideously unmatched sheets (we need new waterbed sheets BADLY) and the general unmade state of the bed and messy condition of the room. That's C's side of the upstairs, so all that stuff on the floor are his clothes. Not that I can talk, as there are clothes on the floor on my side too - if you take a close look at the bookcollection pictures - yeah, I need to wash. I don't know what the heck that white thing is on the bottom of the bed - and yes, our bed is the only furniture in the bedroom. We need nightstands, but haven't found any we are both pleased with yet. We don't have dressers either - it's sad.


Your reading space (unless it is the above mentioned bed).


Nah - the only time I read in bed is if I'm reading myself to sleep, or waiting for C to come upstairs (*grin* have I mentioned how much I LOOOOOVEEEEE our waterbed???) My favorite reading space is our only piece of furniture currently in the living area - the futon. Hmm.... I think it's actually my oldest piece of furniture. This picture was taken from the steps coming downstairs (have I mentioned that I LOVE our house too??) Let's see - the big purple thing is the futon - the laptop is there in front of it - and our 'coffee table' Why we still use the trunk when we have a PERFECTLY nice glass topped coffeetable (over in the corner by the wall o windows) that we could use. As yes, it's a mess - but it's mostly papers. That black box on the coffee table is our WONDERFUL Black NagChampa that came in the mail today - the place almost smells like home again. The cat bed that G never uses (he's too fat to fit comfortably in it) is against the back wall. The TV is in front of the couch too - so it's just perfect. That big gray thing is the only remaining piece of our old furniture - it was all that color, and over the years got INFESTED with cathair. I love em, but ick.


And, the freezer compartment of your fridge.


Let's see - ice holder, ice tray (to replenish the ice holder) a hunk of steak waiting for the grill, some lovely hot pork sausage, a shaker (with ice) ready to make drink (yes, we STAY prepares) and ice cream (it's no Sugar Added!!! Really!!) More meeat - Italian sausage and ribs, I think....some Liqour (I need to make a run this weekend - that little bit of Curenta y Tres ain't gonna last long) and our oversized spices - to keep em fresh, ya know?


And on the door - See!! We do have veggies!! Brocolli, Spinach, and a poor bag of green beans on top. There's a plastic shot glass in there too (gotta measure the alcohol right) and some butter I got when it was on sale. I don't DO margerine. I don't care how low in cholesterol it is - I'd really rather go without. We really do need to go grocery shopping though - that's kinda light, even for us. I have to admit though, we eat more fresh produce than we do frozen.


~~QP asked me what my favorite place in Memphis is so far - and without a doubt - it's home.

This is the 'front' of the house - that gleaming eyed blob at the front door is G, wondering why the hell I haven't fed him yet. Our bed is between those two windows upstairs, and the window downstairs is the kitchen window.


This is the house as it faces the street - that little 'roof' over there is the patio - and as you can see, not only do we have a high ass fence, there's also a huge bush there too - SOOOOO wonderfully private. That's the Silver Streak in the driveway - I have no clue why it looks like the reverse lights are on. And while it doesn't LOOK like we have any windows, the whole other side of the house - the one next to the patio, is a wall of ceiling to floor windows downstairs, and upstairs there's a HUGE window over the open portion of the loft, and then a single window in the library.



Whooo!!! Thanks for all of your requests ladies - that was actually rather fun!!! Now I'm off to torture myself by installing SIMS back onto my computer. *shakes head*



No comments: