Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Oddly enough...

despite the fact that I only got 4 or so hours of sleep last night (obsession is bad, mmkay?) I feel rather peppy and alive.  I'm in the T's now on my CD's (thus the only four hours of sleep) AND I've got album art for most of them. The hard drive's been connected, and tonight I should be able to FINALLY upload all of my music to the iPod, then comes the fun part - buying NEW stuff.


I went 'surfing' on amazon yesterday - it was actually really fun, jumping from album to album based on what things Amazon recommended and what albums other folx suggested. I think I've found several GOOOD drum/bass triphop Cd's - and of course some salsa to shake me ass too.....everywhere I go, I've been jotting down notes of music. I LOVE music - love it, love it, love it - but I was never able to afford (time or money wise) to put as much effort into becoming musically broad as I wanted too - now? Hah! I shall find the legal free indie music (as an aspiring artist, it'll be bad karmic juju to swipe) and fall in love with new bands with odds names and intense songs.


Can I tell you? The album art uploading program I have freakkking ROCKS. It basically searchs amazon.com, copies the cover art of the album you've selected, and embeds it into the music file. How much does that rock? I mean - SERIOUSLY.  And there is some really nice album art out there. For the albums that Amazon doesn't sell, I'll either find the album art somewhere else and upload it, or I'll just make/find my own image to go with it. I can't remember the name - but it's freeware, and besides getting hung up occasionally, works like a dream. It's FREEware though, so I ain't complaining.


One more full day of work!!!! I'm taking Friday off, and we have Monday off, so I'll have two luscious days of being home alone - I think I might even let C take the car to work - I ain't going nowhere - and if I really wanted to go someplace to pick up something, I can always walk (with my new iPod!) to get it. Relax, clean the house, lay out in the sun, play Sims, maybe grill a little - ahhhhh.....and then I'll also have two luscious days with the hubby.... I wonder if he has to work this Sunday? I know he had to work last sunday....hopefully he's off.


Ah yes! He got the xBox last night. There was a scare for a second as we thought that the dude had forgotten to include the wireless transmitter that plugs into the xBox itself, but after digging through the roughly 8 gallons of peanuts he put in the box, we dug it up. Everything was in GREAT condition - it seriously did look brand new.  He's gotten into Halo2 a little bit, but being an RPG'er, I suspect that the Elder Scrolls of Morrowind is going to be more up his alley. So far, we are at a *thinks* 4 out of five for electronics off of ebay - the battery, the laptop screen, the xBox, and the iPod. Now, if this dude with the PS2 would just get OFFA his ass and mail it, it'll be a home run.


*yawwwwnnn* hmm, maybe I spoke too soon. I'm certainly NOT getting lunch today - I'd be dead at my desk. I was stuck in here until 6pm last night, and I had a class I TOTALLY forgot about (until the alarm popped up) during lunch, so I didn't get a chance to go to the post office. I think I'll run and do that for lunch.  

No comments: