Friday, May 13, 2005

let the hunt begin!!!

I am, if nothing else, a very deliberate person.  So, in this three week long search for a swimsuit, there are certain things that I would like to have.  If I can find all of these things - I'll snatch it up in a heartbeat.


1) The top has to go by BRA size - I'm a 38/40DDD, and dammit, I need the support - those damn 'shelf' bras don't do a damn thing for me. And why, why, must plus size women's swimwear come with ATTACHED 'padding'. I can understand it being there, but at least make it DETACHABLE.  
2) Boy panty bottoms - I went looking for a picture, but couldn't find one, but I did find that the real name is 'boyshorts'.  They are comfy, and they actaully are the cutest little things for my booty and belly.
3) Cute. As in attractive. As in, I'm 28, and I don't want my swimsuit to be anything my grandmother would even CONSIDER wearing - yet at the same time, I don't wanna have to worry about the girls making a break for freedom.
4) I suspect that this will be kinda optional/end up getting thrown out the window - under 100 bucks. Please?


Hmm...all together, I figure I'll HAVE to get a two piece tankini set - simply for the boy bottoms. I'd actually like the top to be sports bra styled, because if I going to be doing some serious swimming, I'm going to need the freedom of movement.....and.......sturdy. Okay, yeah - the last 'real' swimsuit I got was cheap as hell, but that's still no excuse for the strap to pop (see item #1).


My last set of swimsuit(s) were actually created out of desperation - I was going to the Dominican Republic in a little under two weeks, it was the middle of August, and I NEEDED to take more than one swimsuit.  After nearly crying in one 'speciality' swimsuit store (I found a lovely swimsuit that cost TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY dollars) I finally threw up my hands, took my tail to Victorias Secret, brought three bras (the current ABSOLUTE favorites in fact) and three sets of matching tank tops and boyshorts, and matching thongs (to go UNDER the boyshorts in case of an 'accident' cuz ain't NOBODY I'm not married to seeing THAT much of my ass), and 130 dollars later, left VS a happy lady. Of course, as the fabric wasn't DESIGNED to be a swimsuit, they just lasted the week and a half of the trip - I still wear the bras and the bottoms, but after all the salt and the chlorine, the tanktops are a little worse for wear.  I'm actually considering getting a maternity swimsuit - as I was leaving the mall from VS, I remember seeing them and noticing that they DID have 'real' bras in them, but hmmmm.....my belly isn't THAT big.


I swear though, if I could find them in the right fabric (ie, not cotton!) I would just do that again. It was SOoooooooo easy...and cheap.


 

No comments: