Tuesday, May 10, 2005

*blinkblink*

Wow. Tuesday already? Huh - that was quick.


Let's see - the weekend was loverly.  Did some stuff around the house, made another trip to Home Depot, finally planted some stuff, generally relaxed.  My heart made some sexy legs (ya know how they have hot wings? Well we had sexy legs. *LOL*) and we ate like kings and queens.  Used the remains of that poor pork shoulder and he made a lovely corn chowder. I don't even LIKE corn and it was scrumptious. Slept til 4pm on Saturday, then, of course - woke up outrageously early (11!!!) on Sunday. Generally, a fantabulously relaxing weekend. Made even more so because it's his last free weekend! Poor baby. But!! I have the house to myself one day out of the week again! Rah!


Put in the order for the furniture yesterday - haven't heard back on how much we are going to get poochscrewed with shipping, but figure it's well worth it.


Relaized that one of the reasons I'm going OUT of my gourd at work is that I have no music.  I have a hard time focusing without music - I get distracted and start doing other things (like reading OD) when I realyl should be working. I've been here for about a month now - hell, almost two, and I figure I'm now allowed to listen to music at my desk. Plan on going to Target to get headphones and MAYBE pick up a CD of the latest music. Ohhh! And it's Tuesday! Target always has new releases out on Tuesday. Maybe I'll suprise the hubby with something - he's been asking about his LONG delayed birthday gift.  Heh. I should just buy some ribbon and be done with it.


Got the book for the book club yesterday and finished it last night. Yes, I'm a VERY fast reader. It was Babylon Sisters by Pearl Cleage. Good book - I've always enjoyed her writing, but had a couple of - plot points that I just didn't understand the characters reasons for. I think it'll be a wonderful book to discuss, see what we all think of it.  I'm not too fond of stories that don't seem to hang together reasonable - no Deus ex machina for me, thank you VERY much. I DID very much enjoy the fact that the book was set in the West End of Atlanta - right up the street from my college - so I recognized the area and the stores/locations she was talking about.  Gave me a bit of melencholy, it did. Hah! Almost forgot - after I finished Babylon Sisters, I then read another book (Dhamphir? - I think that's how you spell it) that I had brought Monday afternoon with Babylon Sisters - it was good, but I doubt that I'll be getting the others in the series. I like experimenting with new authors, even when I'm not totally sucked into the world. Yes, I read very fast. And no, I usually don't skim - I retain 90% of what I read - fiction is very easy for me to read, non-fiction, not so much as I have to read it slower to be sure that I fully understand.


Didn't do a damn thing creative this weekend besides determining where the carrots shold go.  Ah well. My brain is making up for it in spades with various fevered dreams. I've been having deep INTENSE dreams for - weeks it feels like now. Hm. My aunt was alive in that one, and once again, we were in the House.  I'm not sure where the House is, or where its come from, but I can remember having dreams in the House that were so real even NOW they feel like memories as far back as high school - my best friend was in several of the early ones, and I didn't meet him until sophmore year.  The House morphs - adds a few rooms, hallways start to lead to different places, but there are a few things that remain constant.
1) The steps - there is a HUGE staircase in the House that leads literally everywhere. There are a couple of dead stops - where the steps just stop against a wall, or where there's no way to continue down them without a jump - but they are everywhere.
2) The Attic - it's a completely finished attic - odd because it sometimes morphs into another house of it's own.
3) The people - not always the same people, but the House is ALWAYS full of people. Even in the scary dreams, I'm just in a solitary SECTION of the House - it's never empty.
Hmm...I never really realized this before - I'm not sure if its a conglaboration of all the houses I've ever been in, or some house that I was in and was too young to remember - but the House is - comfortable. It's OLD and half falling apart and outrageously huge, but it's - safe. Even when I'm scared shitless - it's safe. Wow.
Anyhow - almost all of the recent dreams have been either in the House or - someplace else. Hah. Of course, as soon as I try to think of what that other location is, it slides away. I guess I'm more awake than I thought I was.  C is in most of them lately - along with a bunch of other people - it's like the House is my mind......hmmmmmmmmm....dammit!! I shouldn't be allowed to come up with new book ideas until I finish the ones I already have - but what a wonderful setting for a series of short stories.  Yeah, I know it's been done - many, many times - but I'd like to write the House out. Not that I  want to stop dreaming about it - but - ahhh.....I don't know.


Tsk. Only 10:13.......I suppose I really SHOULD start digging into my work. Bah. Me not challegened = me bored = my tendency to procrastine expontentially increased.  I guess I should check the email once more.


Edit: *GASP* I just gave myself a PERFECT bloody reason to get an Ipod!!! Perfect!!!! Note Paragraph Four. Holy Cow! And it wasn't until I went to Yahoo! to look up the latest music releases that it hit me. Holy Shamolies BatMan!  Oh! Oooohhh! Ohohoh!!!!!

No comments: